The Greater Green Bay Community Foundation celebrated it's 20th Anniversary during Fiscal Year 2012 (July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012). Below are several articles about the Community Foundation, Founding Member Profiles, and a video celebrating 20 Years!
Slideshow of Twenty Years of GGBCF
Watch this 12 minute slideshow that celebrates and commemorates twenty years of community gifting, grantmaking and leadership, which are all part of an overall effort to build and use a community endowment to support our overall quality of life in Brown, Kewaunee, and Oconto counties. Sine the inception of the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation, this endowment has distributed more than $70,000,000 into these communities, as well as Door County.
This slideshow briefly tells the story of the Community Foundation’s growth and accomplishments in our first twenty years. Since the beginning, we have had a creative relationship with Arketype where they work with us and design our Annual Foundation Report to the community and our donors. You will see twenty years of imagery in the slideshow, which are the covers of our Annual Reports.
Founding Member Profiles
Jeff Ottum: Member of the Founding Members
Bob Gallagher: Member of the Founding Members
Diane Conway: Member of the Founding Members
Richard Resch: Founding Member of the Community Foundation
Paul Schierl: First President of the Community Foundation
Articles of Interest About the Community Foundation
- Community Foundations are Community Traditions
- Greater Green Bay Community Foundation Celebrates 20 Years by Giving $5 Million (Published June 26, 2011. Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Editorial: Celebrate Greater Green Bay Community Foundation by Giving (Published July 10, 2011. Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Studies: Older, Younger Groups take Different Approaches to Charity (Published July 10, 2011. Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Considerations When Establishing a Giving Plan (Published July 10, 2011. Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Ordinary People can make an Extraordinary Difference (Published July 10, 2011. Green Bay Press-Gazette)
GGBCF Grant Community Impact Stories